So I just had one of those knitting moments where, nearly 8 inches into a sweater, something didn't quite seem right. It looked just fine. I liked the fabric. So I took out a spare needle and knit the back stitches onto the spare.
Yep, you guessed it. Somehow, this sweater was made for someone with a 42" chest measurement. Ha! Only 3"-4" off. Which is massive my friend.
And I'm using handspun, so this is one of those rare cases where I actually care.
The funny thing is that I did do a gauge swatch to test for this kind of thing. The best one I've done in years.
My thought is that the handspun is irregular enough that it mucked up the swatch. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I pulled the needle and will frog in the morning. On the upside, it'll go quicker now, when I cast on 20 fewer stitches. (Sigh.)
I'm going to go knit socks and write in the mean time.