I've been in something of a slump the past few days and really haven't gotten things together to write in a couple of days. But never fear, I have some entries backlogged, and I was able to sketch out a bit more than a week's worth of posts, which I should be able to write pretty quickly once I'm de-funk-ified.
Lets see what I have to report:
- Station Keeping is progressing, I think we'll start soon. It needs momentum, and it won't get it any other way.
- The Midwest Morris Ale is in St. Louis this year, which means I'm part of the host team. I'll be doing that all weekend. If you're in the area, stop by tower grove park for the saturday tour, and say hi. You should be able to pick me out of a crowd... I'll be wearing white. (with black, yellow, and red ribbons).
- I just finished Samuel Delany's The Einstein Intersection which I quite enjoyed (particularly the ending, which I thought was quite well done. I also listened to an Escape Pod, which I really like. After spending a few years at a school where the "science fiction and fantasy association" was the second largest student group (the first was the queer alliance, which I was one of the leaders for many semesters, but don't let that mislead you as to the ratio of geeks to queers), I'm back into it. I feel like I'm a better fan/consumer theses days. I'm working on James Tiptree Jr.'s Brightness Falls From the Air which is simply amazing work.
- I need to have my damned wisdom teeth taken out.
- I need to find a way to boost TealArt's readership. I thought that more regular posts would help this a bit, but it isn't really. My next move is to focus, at least my own posts a little. If you, any of you kind readers, have ideas about this. I'd love to hear about them. I've thought about pod-casting a little, but that's not something I want to do all by lonesome. Thinking...
- I'm going to try and rig up the next few posts. Wish me luck, and stay tuned. Have a good memorial day weekend!