Days on the waitlist: 3
Current Sleeve Progress: 67 pattern rows to go.
I'm preparing for a restart of my computer, which I don't think I've done at all in at least a month. Actually, it's probably been more like two.
This is one of the problems of having a computer that, "just works, damnit," you completely forget to do things like restart the system, because you don't really need to. Really you shouldn't need to even restart occasionally, but apparently OS X clears out some cache's and does some other things during the shutdown and login processes that it doesn't do at other times.
Hopefully a restart will make things run a little more smoothly.
Sometime in the next month, I'll hear from grad school, and if I get in, I'll order a new computer instantly. If I don't, I've decided to postpone purchasing for at least six months, because my current computer still works, and my main argument for getting the new computer now rather than in august, is I'd rather do the transition now, rather than right as I'm getting started with school.
Makes sense. Even if I don't like it. On the other hand I have a couple of keys that feel like they're about to break, and that might be the final straw.
In other news:
- Sleeve knitting occupies most of my attention. There appears to have been some minor blunder, but I think I have squashed it. I have a lot left to do with this sweater--the rest of the sleeve, the collar, and a hem facing from hell: 120 inches or so--and then the usual finishing. It'll probably take most of the rest of today and the rest of the weekend.
- I spent some time doing some planning in my paper notebooks. This is a good sign. I often say that I have to have a certain amount of material in the hopper before I can really be productive with my writing, and needless to say, I've been behind on that.
- I haven't been reading my news-reader all week. I'm behind, but not too bad. I think I need to reassert this habit as part of a routine.
- I'm running out of good television to watch while I knit. I'm currently watching Jeremiah, but it's not grabbing me, so I think I'm going to start listening to podcasts and hope for something new.
- My latest post at the feminist science fiction blog is up. For your enjoyment and edification.
I'll be in touch.